Im Leah, a 17 year old blogger, this blog is focused mainly on Beauty! I write a new Blog every Thursday

Thursday 26 March 2015

A foundation I will never re-purchase!

We all have that one foundation that is our holy grail foundation,the one we will always go and buy
again and the one we can always rely on,but then you get that ONE foundation that you regret buying but know you need to use it so it doesn't go to waste and waste your money, I've had this problem luckily only once so I am going to tell you about it! The product is Rimmel wake me up, a foundation that's been raved about, when I ran out of my match perfection I fancied trying out a new foundation by rimmel so opted for wake me up thinking it would live up to the match perfection, I was yet to find out that this wasn't the case, I started using this foundation,I applied it one morning and fair enough it was a good match but as I was applying I found it hard to blend into my face once I managed to blend it in I was done and ready to go,I then noticed that I had a shimmer to my hand,where the foundation had been before going onto my face,so i looked at the bottle and saw that it had shimmer in it but I then saw a you-tube video of someone using it saying the shimmer didn't show on your face so I was ok with that until my friend noticed there was a shimmer to my face and when I looked in the mirror again there was a lot of shimmer to my face and wasn't enjoying it but I thought it would be ok and not obvious so this was another thing that affected my first thoughts on it..then throughout the day obviously your foundation starts to fade and come off but most foundations come off gradually and not obviously,but does wake me up? No it started to come off in patches and I was so not impressed! All these things have affected whether I will use this foundation and re purchase, the only good thing about this is that it is good at is making you look more awake and luminous but them
2 positives do not make up for the negatives! Sorry rimmel but wake me up is a no go for me and I will not be re purchasing this product again!  

Do you have wake me up? What are your thoughts? I'd love to know! Thanks for reading  Leah x

4 comments:

  1. This is actually one of the best foundation that I've ever used. I do use my fingers and something a real technique expert face brush to buff it in and I only use a little at a time. The finish is satin, dewy and I am a huge fan of it. Sorry it didn't work out for you though, it's frustrating when something that many raved about didn't work out for you. I felt the same with Rimmel Apocalips.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  2. it works so well on everyone i know and then me i just clash with it! Glad that it works well for you! It is definitely frustrating! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a shame it didn't sit well on your skin ! I love it so much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so sad! Still continuing to use it and try make it work! Im glad you enjoy it! thankyou so much for reading x

      Delete